Monday, August 12, 2013

Ethan





 Ethan at 6 months old



Ethan in a few days you will be 10 months old. You have been outside of my stomach longer than you were inside. And yet it seems like just yesterday that I could feel you rolling around in there, kicking and punching. Especially at night. You were so active at night. I'd lay there and feel you move, counting down the days until your arrival. And when you were born, oh that overwhelming feeling of love the first time I saw your face. And the surprise over how much you completed my life, in ways I never knew possible.

The first few months kiddo were tough. Whew, were they ever. Between having colic,and  getting sick with every sickness possible I didn't think you or I would ever sleep again.While frustrating for me at times, I think it was hardest knowing that nothing I could do could help you . You were so gassy and fussy. I felt horrible seeing you so upset.  But 4 months rolled around and things changed. I felt relieved. For you and for me. Finally I could do something to help calm you down, and your colicky period was soon at an end. From there on out it's been smooth sailing. You are such a sweet little boy. Your smile from day one can light up a room. It melts my heart. Every Single Time. I recently had a friend tell me that in her gratitude journal that she keeps, she has an entry about your smile.

Your personality is starting to emerge more and more. You are such a little goofball. You crack up at everything your sister does, love to be sung to, put everything in your mouth, play with your sister's toys and watch your letter's DVD. You do this funny thing when crawling. You stop on all fours, put your head down and straighten your back, making a V. It is hysterical. And you will stay like that for awhile. As if you like checking out the view of the room upside down between your legs. You do also love to rub your face on the carpet when you crawl, resulting in rug burn all over your face. You don't seem to mind it and in all honesty it's pretty funny to watch.

You are 21 pounds. Are cutting 5 teeth at once.(not fun for anyone) Love your bottles, sleep through the night(mostly) wear size 4 diapers and are in 12 month clothes. You are growing up so fast little one. You are such a joy to watch and be around. I love every moment spent with you

As I was browsing Pinterest the other day I came across this fabulous post 25 Things I want my son to Know from Mommy Om's blog. As I read it I laughed and cried. Excited of what was to come as you got older and older. You see son, when I found out you were a boy I was a little upset at first. How could I be a boy mom. I'm so girlie. And now I'm anxious for you to get a little older so we can build lego's, play super hero's and sail on a pirate ship together. I can't wait for it all! As I was reading this post a few things jumped out at me and I thought I would share them with you

First off, this...

"It’s okay to let go of your penis.  It’s not going anywhere.
Since we finished potty training in our house, I’ve noticed that you hold your penis constantly.  I just want you to know that it will be there forever and you have your whole life ahead of you to play with it."
 I died laughing when I read this because you have just found your penis and you love it. Anytime your diaper comes off you go right for it. I tell you all the time that it's not going anywhere and it'll be your best friend for life!

And while the author goes on to tell her son to pay outside, it's ok to cry, that he is superman and so forth,(which by the way I totally agree with, so Ethan do all those things) the thing that stuck out the most was this

"You will be my son forever.
There is an old adage that starts, “A son is a son till he takes a wife…” As you grow, I pray our bond stays strong enough to break any truth this saying might hold."

I heard this saying right before you were born. And it made me cry then and it makes me cry now. For I never want our relationship to change. Obviously it will, as you need me less and less and become more and more independent. But know that nothing will change on my end. I am always here whenever you need me. Young or old. I hope that when you become an adult and start a family of your own, that you still make time for your mom. Because believe me young man, I will be calling constantly and visiting you whenever I am able. Or you allow me to visit that is. For you will always be my baby. Never forget that

Oh and remind us to sing you the song your daddy made up about your private parts the day you were born. We will be sure to save it for a special day. Such as your wedding. Your welcome in advance!

Happy almost 10 months my sweet little man. I love you so so much. You change more and more every day and it is truly amazing to watch. I cant wait to see what this next month will bring

1 comment: