My Random Thoughts for the Week
1. I am so ready for the weekend to get here. Only two more days of work! Friday night we are babysitting for some friends of ours, Saturday I am going to that Sarah Horn event and then the hubs and I are going to carve pumpkins and watch horror movies. Sunday the hubs has to work so I plan on going to church and working out
2. I get to meet two blogger friends this weekend. I am so excited. I love being able to meet the people whose blogs I read daily. Then in a few weeks I get to meet another one of my favorite bloggers! Woohoo
3. I finally learned how to use our coffee maker. For our wedding we received a nice coffee machine. I had no idea how to use it so left the coffee making up to my husband. In the mornings when getting ready for work usually its up to me to take the dogs out at least twice and feed them before leaving for work. The hubby waits till the last minute possible to get up and then showers quickly and rushes out the door. The one job of his in the morning is to make the coffee. Well this weekend I had him show me how to use it and have been making the coffee every morning when I wake up. This morning he woke up and went straight to the coffee machine. When he saw I hadn't made it he asked me to make some. Guess I added another thing to do in the mornings
4. My neighbors just got a yellow lab puppy because they thought our dog was so beautiful. What's even funnier is that they named her Kenley. Our black lab is Kenzie! I did run into her the other day and she said she changed the pups name to Daisy so the two dogs wouldn't have similar names
5. I missed seeing someone get tazzed yesterday. I stopped at Blockbuster during my break from work. I pulled up and saw a cop car in the parking lot. I went in and didn't think anything of it. When I went to pay for my movies the cop left and the cashier told me that I just missed him tazzing two guys who I guess had been taking pictures of the store and refused to calm down when the cops came. Never a dull moment here in town
6. I have mentioned my hubby's addiction to video games. As soon as he gets home from work he turns on the playstation. I was joking with him yesterday about his "hobby" and he said I shouldn't make fun of it until I tried it. So I did. I sat down and played Call of Duty and I was horrible! I couldn't get the concept down of using one button to move and the other to look around while also keeping track of your targets. Needless to say I was 0 for 6! But I must admit that it was fun
7. The hubs and I watched the movie P.S. I Love You the other night. When the hubs was deployed for the first time I stayed in Wisconsin with my parents. I worked second shift at my job there and always had a hard time falling asleep. So I started having to watch movies at night in order to fall asleep. I think I watched P.S. I Love you every night until the hubs came home. When he finally came home I made him sit down and watch it with me and he actually liked it. The other night we were looking around for our copy of the movie and realized that I left it in my dvd player at my parent's house. So off I went to buy another copy. I have to say that movie really puts things into perspective. I found the following quote off another blogger's post this weekend which she had received in an email and thought it was fitting
One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore". No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute." Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say"I love you."
So while we have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick. This is true for marriage.....And old cars... And children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.
Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.
Life is important, like people we know who are special.. And so, we keep them close!"
Happy Thursday Everyone!