Saturday, October 2, 2010

On Hold


One of the hardest things about being a mil spouse is that sometimes I feel like my life is on hold. And I don't mean my life personally. I am fortunate to have a great job, amazing friends and my husband home. So I don't feel like my personal goals are in any way put on hold. But I feel like my marriage and our goals are constantly put on hold.

Trips are planned and then cancelled due to the hubs training or deployment schedules. Our weekends together are cut in half when he has to go into work, and our baby making plans will be on hold once again when the Hubby leaves in a few months.

We know we will be pcsing soon but don't know exactly when. Plans to buy a house or to go back to school or find a new job will have to wait until we know exactly when were moving

And yet even though I feel like parts of our life are on hold. I wouldn't trade it for the world. The army throws many things our way. We have learned as a couple to adapt and to adjust and to handle these things the best way we can. So even when I get frustrated about not being able to map out certain things about our life together, I have learned to take life as it comes and to just appreciate the fact that my husband is home

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. Hubby and I are in the process of baby making too (i don't know if your hubby is staying in for the long haul) but we have to remember, we dont know when he will leave again and we dont know how long he will be gone, so on that subject we keep trying because I would rather be pregnant alone, then have him miss out on the walking, talking, and crawling.
    My husband and I try our hardest to make life move on. Here or Not. But your right it does feel like its put on hold because they arnt here to experience everything. Its a huge thing that only us Military Wives can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how optimistic you are about everything.. To bring back the 90's- "you go, girl!"

    :) I'm really hoping everything works out for you with the baby making- it will happen when it's right! And as crazy as it is sometimes, the Big Man really knows what he's doing ;)

    I left some love for you on my blog ;) Just a little game if you're up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're in the baby making stage ourselves. I have to agree that I often feel there are things (personal things) that we just have no control over even though we should. But I also love this lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the being on hold stage. it always turns out okay but I hate being on hold

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're right there with ya. It's hard letting go and just rolling with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you! Our current command is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think every mil spouse can empathize! In my 8 year marriage to the military, I can't tell you how many things in my life I've put on hold. BUt I try to tell myself that everything happens for a reason. And I'm slowly but surely learning how to go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete