The hubs left today. We said our goodbye's at home and I just dropped him off at the airport. M hate's goodbye's and thought it would be quick and painless. As I dropped him off though we were both teary eyed but managed to hold it together.I took the whole day off work and decided to pamper myself with a pedicure right after dropping him off. I did some grocery shopping, ran to the Hobby Lobby and now am home and am starting to get the symptoms of a UTI. Last time the hubby left I had a pinched nerve in my back so go figure, why wouldn't something by wrong with me this time. Hopefully my Dr is faxing a prescription to my pharmacy as we speak so I don't have to go in.
Since my last few posts recently have been kinda negative and depressing, I thought I would change it up a bit and focus on the positives of a deployment. Here they are
1. An extra car means I'm spending less on gas. Since I fill up my car at least every other day due to the traveling for work, I now plan on driving my car until it hit's empty and then on driving M's car until it reaches empty. Then I will fill them both up and start the process over
2. Healthy eating. With M gone it will be easier to eat less. Take this past weekend for example, with no food in the house we were forced to eat out. Friday-Pizza with friends. Saturday-Out to dinner and dessert from the Cheesecake Factory. Sunday-Chinese and leftover cheesecake Monday-Pizza Today-Ihop for breakfast and I'm off to dinner in a bit with my girlie's. So on my grocery shopping trip today I stocked up on fruits, veggie's, yogart, cereal and lean cuisine's. I bought no soda or junk food of any kind. Starting tomorrow it is time for me to get bikini ready
3. Messes-All messes left in the house will be mine. No picking up dirty socks and boxers laying all over the place. Even today as I picked up the house a bit I found target bags in each and every room where M has started some sort of garbage bag. It's just so hard for him to walk to our kitchen to our main garbage and throw his trash away
4. I can lay in bed every night and fall asleep to girlie movies such as Sex and the City and Mamma Mia.
5. My two favorite shows start in about 2 weeks. Tori and Dean and Army Wives. I can sit and watch them in peace without Marshall snorting in laughter and commenting on how fake and unrealistic Army Wives is
6. Girl's nights-I love hanging out with my friend's and now won't have to feel guilty about leaving M behind
7. Once warm weather hits I wil by laying out by the pool with a book in hand and won't have someone bugging me every 10 minutes and asking if I'm ready to go inside yet.
8. No more cooking-Since it's only me my diet will consist of things that are easy to make. Easy as in pop in the microwave and press a button. I am looking forward to not having to cook for anyone these next few months
9. Less laundry and cleaning for me to do. This I will def enjoy. Who wouldn't
10. I can't think of a 10th reason. We all know that within a week these positive things won't be so positive. I will be wishing I had someone home to cook for, clean for and just to lay in bed with watching that girlie movie. Oh well, a girl's gotta stay positive right
Thank you all for your support the last few days!!