Sunday, March 7, 2010

A fun filled weekend!!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great weekend

I just ordered the dress from Forever 21 that I blogged about a few days ago! I am so excited to get it and hope I will find something to wear it too. I think I can rock the look with leggings and heels. We shall see

On another random note, remember my friend I told you all about who asked me not to stand up in her wedding anymore because I couldn't order the dress right away. Well last week our other roommate from college and fellow bridesmaid called and said she didn't know why she asked me not to stand up since no one was able to order the dress so she picked out a different one. Well this week the same friend called and asked if I had talked to the bride. I obviously had not since I had no desire to respond to her facebook message. Well I guess the wedding is now called off. My friend who lives in florida said she was having the bride come down and stay at the end of march and wanted me to come also so we could cheer her up. I politely said I would have to check my schedule and get back to her. Too be honest I don't have the desire to go. Is that awful of me?

On another note the hubs and i had an amazing weekend. Friday we made dinner, shrimp stuffed shells since due to lent and being a catholic, I cannot eat meat on friday's. M had to do some work at home we we rented the movie Whip It. It was actually very cute! I went to bed a little early since I had to get up bright and early for work yesterday morning. Yesterday I worked 8-2:30 and then ran to the mall for a bit and did some window shopping. After that M and I went over to a friend's out. Finally the weather is warming up here and I enjoyed wearing flip flops once again!! We cooked out, drank and played some games. Now if you guys have never played Gesture's you need to try it. It was so much fun. It is similar to charades but you act out a word picked off a card instead of a movie or something like that. You can't talk and have to rely on your gesture's. You split up into two teams and the game begins. The best part of the night was when my friend D, who was on the opposite team chose the word jugular to act out. So when he started roaring and growling like a cat, I did a double take. He must have thought the card said jaguar. I was holding back hysterics as his team was trying to figure out what he was trying to tell them. Finally after the timer beeped I bursted out, it's jugular not jaguar. We were all cracking up by this point. This is def a game y'all should play. It's so much fun

Today we went shopping for my friend's baby shower next week. Let's call her S. She is the same friend who a few weeks ago went into early labor at 29 weeks. The Dr's were able to stop it and she has been on bed rest ever since. I am happy to report that she is now 5 weeks away from her due date and both mama and baby are doing well. Next weekend we are hosting a shower for her. I made her a cute diaper cake and had a blast shopping with M for baby clothes. M is clueless when it comes to things like this. S and her hubby have a 18 month old boy already so she said she just wanted diapers and maybe a few clothes for the 3-6 month range. Well baby's due date is april 16 so you figure 3-6 months puts us around July-September. M picks out this fleece outfit for the baby. I couldn't help but laugh. I had to tell him that in the summer babies don't wear fleece outfits, especially in NC where July is when it starts to get really hot. He was so cute about picking out the clothes and as we left the store he goes, great I bet you want a baby now. Duh!!

We spend the rest of our morning running more errands stocking up on laundry detergent, dog food and other household items that I like to stock up on before M deploys. Now we are back at home. M is playing Call of Duty and I am going to pick up my Jodi Picoult book and relax before we head over to S's house where we are going to order chinese and she is going to do our taxes for us. I am so glad to finally have the weight lifted off our shoulder's about taxes and just knowing they will be done and knowing how much we have to pay to the IRS come April 15 will be a huge stress reliever for me. Yay for taxes!! Now I just gotta pray that we don't have to pay out that much!!

XOXO Katie

6 comments:

  1. AW yay you got the dress...I don't blame you girl I wouldn't go and try to cheer your friend up that was so rude to you. I LOVE Gesture's..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Great...I bet you want a baby now" hahah! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gesture's is such a fun game!! My hubby and I love games like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jeal that you can already wear your flops! I'm dying up here!

    I don't blame you for not wanting to go to FL either. I wouldn't go, and would have said so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really proud of you for not going to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You for taxes!!! The wedding was called off?? Juicy...I'm gonna need email details. So glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete