I lied yesterday when I said I'd be back to blog about my bloggy meet up and to finally get to some awards I was presented with. I've been busy studying for my final exam this coming friday but instead of studying now I decided to blog
First to the awards..
I was presented this award
The rules are as follows
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award and insert a link to their blog.
2. Pass on the award to 7 other bloggers who you think have a Beautiful Blog!
KPOD at Feels Like Home to Me because she is my first blogger friend who I actually had the opportunity to meet up with in person yesterday!!
Mrs. Muffins since she created my lovely blog for me, for free and is just amazing!
Sara from When In Rome
Erin from The Unexpected Army Life
Jen from A Girl in Pearls and a boy with toys!
Laura at Army Wife Life
Mrs G.I. Joe at Acu's, Stiletto Shoes and Pretty Pink Tutu's
3. Contact the other bloggers and let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Will do :)
4. Say 7 things about yourself.
1. I am a proud army wife!
2. I knew M was with the one for me after only knowing him for two days
3. I hopefully will be finished with school on Friday. I have been in school since preschool and am looking forward to not being a student anymore
4. I have no backbone and think I need to start getting one lol
5. I am addicted to planner's and have three at the moment. One for my house, one for my purse and one for my work bag. And yes they all have things written in them
6. One day I am hoping to write a book. Maybe since I don't have school to focus on anymore I can start writing it
7. I love the colors purple and teal!
Alright, on to the 2nd award I received.
This one is from my blogger BFF Amber. Thanks Amber!!!
The Rules for this one are as follows
The rules are quite simple:
1. List 6 things you are a master in.
2. Pass it on to 6 bloggers you think are masters
Oh man, this is a hard one
1. Well first I would have to say I am a master at SHOPPING. I love shopping and can't go into a store without buying a ton of stuff. Barnes and Nobles, Target, Forever 21, and Hobby Lobby are just a few of the stores I frequent and always leave with bags full of stuff and an empty wallet
2. Cooking-I love cooking and trying out new recipes. Even though my hubby is deployed and I'm enjoying a break from cooking, I can't wait until he returns and I can once again prepare elaborate meals!
3. Applied Behavior Analysis-Since I am studying Applied Behavior Analysis and hope to be certified in this after my exam on Friday, I better be a master in it. I have four more days to prove that I am!
4. Texting-I text a mile a minute and am rarely away from my phone. My hubby always teases me and says if there was a texting competition over who could text the fastest I would win!!
5. Reading- I love love reading and can go through books in a few days. I can't wait until school is over so I can start reading the stack of books piling up on my nightstand
6.Planning- I love to plan things. I have a ton of planner's and calendar's which I use to keep track of my daily, weekly and monthly activities. Once I get an idea in my head I start to plan it out. M says I plan things to early in advance, but it helps me to stay organized!
I want to thank everyone for all the kind comments about M's deployment. I greatly appreciate all your support. It makes my day knowing I can turn to y'all to vent or for some advice. So I pass this award on to all of you for being so kind and compassionate these last few days! Thanks so much for everything!!
ALright and finally on to my bloggy meet up!
I am no stranger to meeting people online. I met my husband online, well through his sister technically and when I moved to Ft. Bragg I met most of my fellow mil spouse friends through facebook or truemilitarywivesconfessions.com
However, I still get nervous when I have to meet new people and here is why. I've been at Bragg for a year now and still haven't met that many people. I have a few close army wife bff's but other than that all the other friends I have made online and met up with turned out to go nowhere. I have had meet ups with people where we just didn't click and then I've had meet up's with people where we meet, click, hang out frequently, then all of a sudden we stop talking. Then your left wandering what you did wrong or why so and so doesn't talk to you anymore. So as excited as I was to meet up with KPOD, I was a little nervous that our blogger friendship wouldn't go anywhere in the real world.
I always used to joke with my hubby and fellow mil spouse friend whom I met online that meeting new friends is a little like dating. After meeting them you wander if they like you, if they will want to hang out again, and how many days do you need to wait before calling and making plans. I swear I am not as crazy as this post is making me sound. It's just the reality of trying to meet friends in a new town where you know no one
But as nervous as I was to meet someone new, I was very excited to meet another mil spouse in the area and a fellow blogger friend
The meet up was a ton of fun. We went out to brunch at Ruby Tuesdays, which was surprisingly good and had a great time chatting and getting to know each other. It was also exciting to meet a fellow Catholic in a town of baptists and Methodists(No offense to any one who practices). We currently have hubby's deployed and have been here about a year. We each got to Bragg during the same month actually. It def wasn't an awkward get together at all and I hope that we will have plenty more opportunities to hang out in the future!
Happy Monday everyone. Sorry for the long post