Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009!!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I moved to North Carolina. Having grown up in Wisconsin and living there for 24 years, moving to a new state was quite a change for me
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make any New Years resolutions last year but this year I resolve to give up soda, save money and pay off debt.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, two of my good friends gave birth and many more became pregnant
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully
5. What places did you visit? Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Myrtle Beach, SC and Charleston, SC
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? More time spent with just the hubby and myself. This past year has been all about changes and getting settled into a new job, new city, and a new life as a married couple. This year as we are finally settled, I would just like to take the time to enjoy our lives together
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 1, 2009. The day I moved to NC. I will never forget the long drive from Wisconsin to NC and saying goodbye to my parents. As excited as I was to move, I was sad to leave my family behind
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My job. After going to school for years and working in a variety of jobs, I finally found the job of my dreams!
9. What was your biggest failure? Worrying more about others than my hubby. I was so concerned with trying to make friends down here in NC,and trying hard to be friends with people who could really care less that I pushed my hubby away. I should have realized that he is my best friend and he is all I really need.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Thankfully we were both healthy
11. What was the best thing you bought? A new tv for my parents! They were so excited
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? M's def. He always puts me and our relationship first. I am saddened by how selfish I am at times and vow to work on that in the upcoming year
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? A woman at our church who takes advantage of people's kindness. Instead of using the money given to her by the church in order to buy christmas presents and clothes for her 6 kids, her and her hubby took a personal vacation.
14. Where did most of your money go? Our cars and getting things for our apartment
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? M coming home. He came home from a 9 month deployment in January. I couldn’t ask for a better way to bring in the new year. Next would have to be our honeymoon which we waited a whole year to take
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Then by Brad Paisley
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier! I’ve learned a lot this past year and have really grown as a person. I look forward to seeing what the new year has to bring
b) thinner or fatter? After spending a week at home with our families, fatter!!!
c) richer or poorer? Richer! All we need to do is pay off some more debt and we will be set
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Reading and enjoying time with the hubby
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complaining and stressing out about things I can’t control. Also having people take advantage of me
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? At home in Wisconsin with our families!
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? I fall in love more and more each day
22. What was your favorite TV program? Tori and Dean, Home sweet Hollywood.. Don’t ask me why
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? Celebrated with friends. I was still living in Wi during my bday and M was in NC waiting to go on leave so we spent our birthday’s apart. This year however, we have a lot of things planned and will finally be able to spend our bday's together.
24. What was the best book you read? Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult and Beyond the Blue Star Banner by Michelle Cuthrell
25. What did you want and get? My hubby to come home and for us to start our life together
26. What did you want and not get? We weren’t able to pay off any debt
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Every One’s Fine with Robert De niro. That movie really makes you think about and evaluate your personal relationships with others
28. Did you make some new friends this year? I did! I made a few great friends living here in NC. It is so nice to live near and meet other people who can relate to what we as military wives go through on a daily basis. I am so fortunate to have met the friends I did
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Paying off debt and living closer to our families. I miss my parents and niece everyday
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? I used to be very cute and fashionable. But now I work with kids and my wardrobe consists of any type of clothing that can get ruined. So basically jeans, a plain top, and flip flops. I’m always wearing flip flops
31. What kept you sane? My husband and my parents
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Johnny Depp. I love him
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Free health care and sending more troops into Afghanistan. I’m not even going to comment on my own personal views. I hate talking politics. I feel everyone is entitled to their own opinions and shouldn’t be made to feel bad about their own personal views
34. Who did you miss? My parents, my brother and my best friend in WI
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Don’t sweat the small stuff

2 comments:

  1. Don't sweat the small stuff is on my bookshelf!! Haha! Happy New Year hun!! Hope it's a blessed year for you and the Hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I think I'll use it today :)

    ReplyDelete