Friday, December 11, 2009

The Finnegan's


My husband and I have been married for almost two year. We have a very unique story of how we met and I thought it would be fun to share it. I had been working for Police Dept in the city I grew up in when a fellow co-worker and friend of mine needed to create a myspace account so that she could keep in contact with her brother who was currently deployed overseas. I helped her create an account and as he and I were her only friends we added each other to be funny. This turned into simple comments and messages over myspace but I didn't think much about it until her and I planned a trip to Las Vegas. She then asked if her brother could come as he would be back from his deployment. How could I say no to a solider returning from war. I agreed and the simple comments and messages turned into long emails and a few phone conversations. When he came into town around Thanksgiving, we met and hit it off. For about a month after this meeting we exchanged constant text messages, emails, and phone conversations. I was falling for this guy. Then came our trip to Vegas. A few days before we left we went on our first official date. It was amazing to say the least. Vegas was a blast and somehow I knew I had found the person I wanted to be with. Luckily he felt the same way! Shortly after we got engaged and were married a total of 4 months after we met. Many thought we were crazy but we are happier than ever and never have had any doubts that we are the ones for each other

1 comment:

  1. That is such a sweet story! And totally random too. I love stories like this because there is always the "what if?" factor.

    ReplyDelete