Monday, December 28, 2009

Our First Christmas



We finally arrived back in NC about three hours ago after another long drive. Looking back on the past week, I cannot believe how fast the holiday's went by. In a way I am sad but also excited about what the new year will bring.

I am very thankful to have had my husband home for the holiday's this year and that we were finally able to celebrate our first Christmas as a married couple. I am also very grateful that we were both able to get off of work and drive home to visit our families and friends. It was so good to see everyone and be able to spend time with them.

I am blessed to have such an amazing husband and this Christmas is one I will never forget. Our week was full of activities, from meeting with family and friends for numerous lunches and dinners, going to Candy Cane lane and seeing all the houses decorated for Christmas, gift shopping for our family members and just being able to spend time together with no distractions. I will forever be grateful for that.

My hubby surprised me with a very thoughtful gift this year. As I have mentioned before we got married down in Key West, Florida. Our photographer's took a picture of us along the main strip, Duval Street in front of a popular bar and grill, Sloppy Joe's. The painter Thomas Kincade had just come out with a painting set in Key West which featured Sloppy Joe's in almost the exact angle as our wedding picture. At the time, after paying for a wedding we were unable to afford the painting. This Christmas however, my hubby found the painting on sale and purchased it for me. I am so excited and already cleared off room in our living room to hang the picture. I can't wait until it arrives. Above are the mentioned pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so unique, and awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! We honeymooned in the Keys and spent a day in Key West and had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete