Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'll Be Home for Christmas

My favorite Christmas cd by far is Noel by Josh Groban. My favorite song on the album is I'll be Home for Christmas which has messages to and from the troops intermixed in between the verses of the song.

Last year at this time M was deployed and every time I listened to this song I would be reduced to hysterical fits of sobbing. This year even though M is home the song still makes me cry. After experiencing a deployment during the holiday's my heart goes out to those who are not with their spouses this year. I can remember the feelings of sadness, anger, and loneliness I felt on Christmas even when surrounded by my family. All I wanted was my hubby to be home and I knew that was impossible.

No one should be separated from their loved one's during the holiday's but as a Military wife spending the holiday's alone is a fact of life. In the end it is what separates us from the civilian world. Us spouses know what it's like to be away from a loved one, we know what it's like to worry, to wait for every phone call and to not take the little things for granted. To those spouses who are away from their loved ones this year, I wish you a Merry Christmas and wish I could give you the strength and courage to get through this day. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all and I wish that next year you will be with your spouses on Christmas

To the Soldiers, I want to thank you for your bravery and commitment. I pray you have a blessed and safe Christmas and I pray also for your safe return to your families.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment