Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011-A Year in Review

2011- what an amazing year this has been! We have been so blessed this past year and I can't believe how fast it has flown by. I thought I'd take a look back this past year and share it with you

January- On the 3rd the hubs deployed for 3.5 months. I was so hormonal and anxious when he left! I was so afraid to be pregnant and alone.
On the 4th I had my first OB appt. Hearing lovebug's heartbeat for the first time was something I will never forget. Truly a magical moment!
My mom flew down to spend a few weeks with me and Nc even got hit with a ice and snow storm!
At the end of the month I hit the 12 week mark of pregnancy and breathed a sigh of relief!
9 weeks pregnant!


February- I turned the big 27 this month and the hubs turned 31. As a birthday present to the both of us I scheduled a 3d ultrasound and we found out we were having a baby girl!






15 weeks baby bump


They were able to live steam the ultrasound session to the hubs so he was able to enjoy the moment while being so far away
We also found out the hubs unit would be moving to Fl and we were moving in May!

March- My dad flew to Nc and drove with me down to Fl where we spent a weekend looking at houses. I found one I loved, made an offer and it was accepted! The hubs and I were official homeowners. I also hit the 20 week mark



April- my baby bro came to visit in the beginning of April. It was so much fun hanging out with him and reminiscing!
The hubs came home and was quite shocked by my 22 week baby bump!



We started packing up for our move and I quit my job
I also flew to Wi for baby shower #1 with my family and had baby shower #2 my last weekend in Nc

May- We set off for Fl. We spent the whole month painting, unpacking and setting up our new house.
The dogs loved their big backyard




And the hubs had fun being goofy while painting the house



My sweet grandma passed away this month

June- We had our maternity pics taken this month and spent the rest of the month finishing up the nursery, relaxing and enjoying our last month as a family of two









July-My final month of pregnancy. My due date was the 29th and I was getting excited and anxious to meet our little one
We found out she was breech and schedule a c section for the 22nd. Lovebug had other plans for us and the morning of my 38 week appt, I was sent straight up to L&D having lost all my amniotic fluid
On my way to the dr. Little did I know I'd be meeting lovebug later that day


Gianna was born July 15th at 2:31pm weighing in at 6lbs5oz and 17 in long. I never knew I could love someone so much





First family photo


August- We adjusted to life with a baby very well and were constantly amazed at how complete our life was with our newest addition. It was pure bliss!
My whole family came to visit and we had some pictures taken of Gianna
3 weeks old


Gianna got to meet her great grandparents. A moment ill treasure forever



September- hubs left for a class and Gianna and I braved our first tropical depression! A tornado hit down the block from us. Yikes! Lovebug slept through it all

October- Gianna's first Halloween





November-Hubs finished with his class and was finally home. And Gianna just loved having her daddy home. He makes her giggle like no one else!
My MIL also came to visit and Gianna loved spending time with her Grandma
Thanksgiving was so special this year as a new family of 3. We had so much to be thankful for

December- Gianna's first Christmas. The hubs and I had so much fun decorating the house and spoiling Gianna rotten!
My brother and SIL also came to visit and came with us to take Gianna to meet Santa for the first time.
Christmas was so much fun this year! We started a whole bunch of traditions that we can't wait to carry on each year









My favorite gift without a doubt. I am so blessed!


What a great trip down memory lane. Goodbye 2011. It was a great year. Looking forward to what 2012 will bring

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year hun! Hope 2012 is even bigger and better! :-)

    Your little girl is so sweet, what a great year for your lil family huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Gianna is such a cutie. I hope you have a great new year!

    I'm a new follower from the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Alaska! I found your blog through the New Years New Followers Fest :-)

    http://www.kfamilyadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful year for you! :)

    ReplyDelete