It is midnight on Sunday and I can't sleep. I am typing this listening to both baby girl and hubby snoring loudly. Like father like daughter! And wouldn't you know it tonight baby girl fell asleep early and in her own bed, yet here I blog away since I am unable to sleep. Go figure
The winner of my customized tutu giveaway is B from Pigtails and Pacifiers. Congrats hun!
And since I can't sleep I thought I'd sit down and type up the jumble of thoughts running through my head
1. I used to think being a military spouse was like being back in high school. Which I graduated from Oh about 10 years ago. The drama drives me insane. But then I got to thinking I see the same type of cliquey catty behavior everywhere. Reading blogs, checking twitter, facebook. My mom even experiences it at the hospital she works at. Some girls just never grow outta that catty stage. I'm just glad that I am better able to recognize girls like that and steer away from them unlike high school where I used to get sucked into all that bs. I did find a funny quote though that sums things up quite nicely.
I may devote a post dedicated to this topic later on in the week
2. My brother and his girlfriend left after a week long visit. It was so nice to have company! And although I am going to miss them my waistline is not. My brother's girlfriend is quite the chef. She loves baking and cooking. In the week that she was here we made christmas cookies,oreo cake pops, jalapeno popper's, pizza roll ups, taco dip, and buffalo chicken bites. And yes everything is all gone. Guess who regained those last ten pregnancy pounds back. ME
3. I am finally getting back into reading again. I started rereading The Help since I watched the movie the other day. When the book first came out I read it in a day. I couldn't put it down. And I am just as engrossed in it now as I was then
4. I love love being a Mommy. Best thing ever. But every time I look for a good book on motherhood or parenting it's usually about mother's whining about how hard it is and how the first year is awful. I have a friend who just had a baby a few weeks ago who calls her baby annoying because all he does is eat, sleep and poop. Granted I'm by no means an expert on being a mom, Gianna is only 5 months old and I know it will only get harder but I still love everything about it. I guess it would be nice to read a book about how awesome it all is instead of being hit with all the negatives every time I open a book. Again maybe I will have to dedicate a post to the topic of motherhood in general
5. Gianna will be 5 months in 4 days. Where is the time going. Can it please slow down?
6. And speaking of time am I crazy for already starting to plan lovebugs 1st birthday. We just found out that the hubby leaves right before her birthday for 5 months. He's not deploying just going out of state for training. I plan on taking lovebug to visit him over her birthday so we can celebrate it just the 3 of us before heading to Wi where we can have her big party. As much as it stinks M won't be there for that, there are still some family member's who have yet to meet Gianna and we had originally planned to head home for awhile this summer for them to all do so. In the meantime I am having a blast deciding on a theme and figuring out how I want to decorate and planning her birthday outfit
7. We just converted our den into Gianna's playroom today. That girl has so many toys and things already and who knows what she's all getting for Christmas. I am excited though that she will have her own space to spread out and play
8. Why do weekend's go by so fast. I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already. What's even harder to believe is that there are only 14 days until Christmas. This year has flown by
Hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. Now maybe I will be able to fall asleep