Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Supporting our Troops

A youtube video came to my attention today that thoroughly disgusted me. Some woman by the name of LibertyChick posted a video on youtube about why she doesn't support our troops.

Now without being to political I understand that everyone has different viewpoints about the war, our troops and the current administration. One of the greatest things we as American's have is the freedom of speech. I appreciate hearing other people's viewpoints about current events and certain topics as long as they are accurate and valid points.

This youtube video makes such blatantly wrong statements about the war and our troops its hysterical. The woman also claims she hates the troops because those that join the military are dumb. She also dislikes them because she feels they seek out attention and expect everyone to applaud them when they see them in uniform.

While I stopped watching her video after 2 minutes I did watch member's of our military stand up and make video's in response to her asinine statements. Some of them I knew personally as this affected obviously the whole military community.

While you may not agree with the war our troops are people who deserve to be respected. They spend months and months away from their loved ones, suffer the loss of their close friends and put their lives on hold to serve our country. Can everyone say they would do the same.

And for this libertychick who dislikes the troops because she thinks they are all stupid, maybe you should research facts and statistics about the war before spouting off ignorant comments on a public video.

I will end my post with this since I do not like getting political on the blog

If you can't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them!

And on a happier note don't forget to enter my tutu giveaway going on

3 comments:

  1. what is the point. i don't get it. no good will come of a video like that. i don't understand people, but I love your last quote. thanks for sharing. if you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my latest post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who is a pacifist and it is very hard to talk to him about the military (I take it too personally) so I try to avoid it because his viewpoint cuts too deep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You articulated this so well! Things like that get me so worked up sometimes that I can't even put coherent sentences together. Like you, I can appreciate other people's views and opinions, but sometimes I just want to make some snarky comment back. My husband's willingness to die for his country and other's rights is the only reason they have the right to voice their opinion in the first place.

    ReplyDelete