Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love Christmas. I have so many memories of the holiday's from my childhood. So many traditions that I can't wait to incorporate in our own family

One tradition was driving around and looking at Christmas lights. Back home in Wisconsin we always went to Candy Cane Lane. A neighborhood where the entire area decorated for Christmas. The purpose was to collect money for the Ronald Mcdonald house. It was always so much fun to drive around and look at all the lights. WHen we moved to NC we were shocked by how little people decorated. There was def no point in driving around looking at houses. We'd be driving for blocks before even finding one that was decorated

Here in Fl I am thankful that everyone decorates. Not to mention that all the surrounding towns have christmas display's and lighting ceremonies. I am so excited to check them all out

Last week we went to a light display in a neighboring town.In Defuniak Springs they have a little lake and the houses surrounding the lake all decorate plus on every square inch of land around the lake is every sort of christmas display imaginable. It was beautiful. They usually have horse drawn carriages to take you around but when we went the guy wasn't there to do that so we just pushed our stroller around the lake and looked at all the lights. It was weird to be looking at christmas lights in 70 degree weather.

Here are some pics from our little trip

My Brother with Gianna and myself

Pics with Aunt Gina





My attempt at capturing the cool light display

Gianna taking in all the lights

Can I please live in a house like this one day

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures....her outfit is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete