Friday, March 14, 2014

It's Friday and Deployment Goals

It's Friday. Thank the Lord. This week has been so crazy busy and stressful that  I couldn't wait to wake up today and sit in my pajamas without having to get everyone ready and rush us out the door. The hubby finally left. You would think that saying goodbye would get easier since he is gone so frequently. But it never does. In a way I think it gets worse. The only thing that gets easier is the fact that we get better and better at communicating during a deployment and making it through one without any big fights or issues!

As with any deployment I have a list of goals I want to work on while the hubby is gone. Mainly being intentional with the kids, reading more, watching less tv and saving, saving, saving. I want to save and pay off as much as possible this deployment since we will be going on vacation shortly after the hubby gets home. And with it being summer soon I plan on getting a year memerbship to the zoo and possibly the pool so that I can take the kids on some sort of outings everyday.

Speaking of the pool there's a country club right by my house that offers a pool membership. It's 300 for the year. I belonged when I was pregnant with Ethan and only having to worry about Gianna was pretty easy. I'm not sure how it will be taking 2 kiddos to the pool by myself. And it's just an Olympic size pool. There is no kiddie pool or any other little kid friendly activities. Then I found out a church in town has an outdoor pool and offers open swim every day. I guess the yearly membership is 20 bucks. And there's a kiddie pool. That is a no brainer. I plan on taking advantage of that as much as possible!

Usually during deployments the weeks fly by and the weekends drag. It never fails that my husband is always gone with my friends husband's are home and vice versa. So weekends tend to be a little lonely. Don't get me wrong, the kids are cute company but sometimes adult conversation is a necessity to get through the day. It's easy to get a little stir crazy being holed up in a house with two little kids for company. This weekend however is packed full of activities. Tonight a friend is having a Mary Kay party and kids are allowed. So that will give us something fun to do tonight! And Gianna can't wait to go. My friend has a son Gianna's age and those two together are something else. They hold hands, hug and we've caught them kissing. I'll def be keeping an eye on that. I know it's innocent and nothing to worry about but I also don't want to catch them playing Dr in the bathroom!

Tomorrow we have 3 birthday parties which will be so fun. One is our sweet friends 1st bday party for her daughter, another is a tea party themed bday for one of Gianna's friends and then Mommy has a party to go to tomorrow night where once again kids are allowed. I am so thankful for great friends who have kid friendly birthdays. Saves me a lot of money!

Also if anyone needs to place an order for 31 a friend and I are hosting an online party Sunday. I have been dying for this bag
Look at how much stuff it holds. And the fact that it's waterproof is awesome. Def will come in handy when having to carry sippy cups and juice bottles on all our outings this summer.
 
I know this was a totally random post but that's just the kind of mood I"m in right now! Hope you all have a good weekend

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute bag! And awesome that you found a much cheaper and kid friendly pool.

    ReplyDelete