Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Monday

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I am using today to catch up on housework and laundry. My parents were in town this past week and we had a pretty eventful week! It was so sad to see them leave yesterday and I know the kids miss them terribly. I am so grateful that they were able to come down for a visit

Monday was pretty uneventful. The kids had their 9 month and 2 year well baby appointments. How is it possible that I have a 2 year old and a 9 month old
This sweet boy is 21 pounds and is in the 75% for weight. Gianna is 26 pounds and is in the bottom 10%. That cracks me up.
After the kids appointments we were off to target where Grandma and Grandpa spoiled the kids rotten with some new toys. After we arrived home the hubs and I enjoyed a night out. We ended up going to our new favorite sushi restaurant and there the hubby dropped the bomb that he would be leaving again in a month for 4 months. Needless to say date night didn't end on a happy note. But at least we enjoyed a good 20 mintues of dinner together

Tuesday we were off to the beach. My dad bought Gianna her first kite and showed her how to fly it. When I was a kid we lived a block away from a park. My dad took me there one night to fly my first kite. I accidentally let got of the string and off went my kite. I cried for hours and I vividly remember driving around in the car with my dad searching for my lost kite. We caught a glimpse of it soaring away down the freeway. I was devastated.  So as a joke my dad bought Gianna a kite and we laughed at my traumatic experience. Luckily Gianna's first kite flying experience didn't end the same way mine did.


Wednesday it started raining the minute we got down to the beach so we took the kids to Destin Commons to do some shopping.
Ethan and I posed for a picture by a cutout from our favorite show. Gotta love Duck Dynasty
 Ethan enjoyed the splash pad for the first time

We finished out the day playing on the beach and going to our favorite Italian restaurant for some good wine, antipasti and pizza

Thursday we did some shopping at the outlet mall where once again Grandma and Grandpa spoiled the kids and got them well stocked for fall clothes. We went out to lunch along the harbor and came home and enjoyed a night on the porch drinking some beers and talking well into the early morning

Gianna enjoying a train ride with Grandma
Friday was another beach day. The grandparents entertained the kids and I got to sit in my beach chair, soak up some rays and read a book. It was fantastic. We came home and I prepared a shrimp boil
This is so easy to make and beyond delicious. This has def become my new favorite meal!

Saturday was another lazy, rainy day. The grandparents took the kids and ran errands leaving the hubs and I to have the house to ourselves. I went for my run, which I'm up to 7 minutes and relaxed the porch reading a book. I started reading this today
This book is so interesting. Def has my attention. I can't wait to finish it. I will share my thoughts on it after I finish reading it.
We finished out the night relaxing, watching Beauty and the Beast with the kids and spending quality time togheter

I really enjoyed having my parents in town this week. Not only was i able to sleep in, I didn't have to get up once at night with either kid. It was heaven. I was also able to read a few books. I feel like a brand new mommy after my week of rest and relaxation. The kids and I were def sad to see my parents go. Now if only we can convince them to make the big move from Wisconsin to Florida

2 comments:

  1. I finished that book a few months ago. Such a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for military families. My husband works 3-11 p.m. while I work during the day. We have two little boys and while it is hard I always think about those with husbands that are deployed.

    ReplyDelete