Sunday, October 6, 2013

Halloween favorites

Yesterday I took the kids to the pumpkin patch. It was a blast. There is just something about that first trip to the pumpkin patch that really puts me in a festive mood. After the pumpkin patch all I wanted to do was curl up on my couch, under a plaid blanket, rock out in my uggs,e at some yummy soup and watch Halloween movies. Unfortunately I live in Florida where it is still 90 degrees and although I did make some yummy pumpkin sausage soup I will have to wait before busting out my uggs. I did spend the night curled up on a friends couch though while we waited for Hurricane Karen to hit(Never happened) But as Halloween gets closer and closer I forsee a lot of movie nights with the kiddos only watching kid friendly movies of course. So in honor of the approaching holiday I thought I'd compile a list of my favorite movies to watch this time of year. Some kid friendly and some not so much. Here it goes

I loved watching this movie as a kid. Did you know that the girl in this is Blake Lively's older sister. In other words Ryan Reynolds sister in law. Lucky girl
My parents and I watched this movie all the time when I was a kid. It is hilarious and one of my all time favorites. When they come to visit in a week I will be busting this out and popping some popcorn

Another favorite
This movie I watch over and over. I remember seeing it with my grandparents in the theater. I think I can quote every line

I had totally forgotten about this movie until I found it on amazon prime. The dvd version is on it's way to me as I type this. I can remember watching this after going to a Boo at the Zoo. I found this movie extremely scary at the time!
This one I saw with the husband, We rented it one Halloween before having kids. I have to admit it left me feeling a little uneasy after seeing it for the first time
And then of course there is this one
The hubs and I loved the Rob Zombie version as well. We even went to the midnight showing of it. Let's just say after we got home around 3 in the morning I made the husband watch a lifetime movie with me
And back to a kid friendly one. Another childhood favorite
Love this one as well
What's your favorite scary movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment