Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer Reading List

I have always loved to read. For as long as I can remember I always had a book in my hand. Going on family vacations as a kid I always packed a suitcase of clothes and a suitcase of books. Good thing we always drove everywhere and never flew! However since Gianna was born I haven't been able to read as much as I like. My addiction to trashy reality tv has grown and although my book pile has increased I have yet to actually pick up a book and read it all the way through. So my goal for the summer is to read more, watch tv less and spend more quality time with the family.

The first three are books I've been wanting to read.  Now that Gianna is out of the baby stage I'm trying to prepare for the next stage, Toddlerhood!


 The Vaccine Book has been on my list for awhile but one I have yet to read. Since Gianna has always gotten sick and spiked fever's after her shots I really want to research them and start spacing them out. I've heard this book is a good resource. I better get on this one since Gianna's year appt is a month from now
 I love the Sookie Stackhouse(True Blood) series and while the last few books have been disappointments I still want to finish out the series. In my personal opinion the books are way better than the show. Not as weird and far fetched
 Everyone I know is or has read this book. I have yet to jump on the bandwagon although it is downloaded on my ipad. The hubs really wants me to read it. I've heard the writing is awful but for some reason people can't get enough of it. I'll give it a try
 The nerd in me is so excited to see that Dominique Moceanu wrote a new book. Back in 1996 my friends and I were glued to the tv screen as the US Gymnastics team took home the gold. We even had our own olympics in our backyards and loved to pretend we were gymnasts. This summer I can't wait to once again watch the gymnasts perform and compete for the gold. Just like I can't wait to read this book and get an "inside" scoop of what it's like to be a gymnast. One thing I always wanted to be but instead went the ballerina route as a kid. This book comes out next week and I will be on my way to barnes and nobles to pick it up
 This book goes along with my addiciton to trashy reality tv. I loved Melissa when she competed for Bachelor's Jason Mesnick's heart and am now addicted to her reality show on GMC. So of course I am excited to pick up this book and read it. It is on it's way to me as I type up this blog
 Emily Giffin is by far my favorite author. Her newest book comes out next month and I can't wait to get my hands on it
I love Tori Spelling. I read this book when it came out a few years ago and want to reread it now that I am a mom. I think she is hilarious!

So that's my reading list. Any other's I should add to the mix?

4 comments:

  1. My husband now thinks and probably hopes I'm into S&M because of 50 shades. Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am going to now add the last three to my book list! yah! i am currently on book #2 of 50 shades and it's so/so i am bored with it but can't not finish the series...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily Giffin is my favorite author too! Have you read Sophie Kinsella? Great books!!

    I remember Dominique!! I might have to read that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Vaccine Book was AWESOME. We don't vaccinate and this book really helped us decide on that.

    ReplyDelete