Thursday, June 14, 2012

Party planning

Gianna's bday party is in two weeks! Two weeks. Although It's a few more weeks until her actual birthday, we are having her party early since the hubby won't be home to celebrate the big day.

Party planning here is in full force and that's pretty much the only thing on my mind. I daily rewrite out my food list, changing my mind about things I want to serve and make. All rsvps are due by next week so after the shopping will begin

I picked up all the decorations this past weekend. We are going with a cupcake theme so I have cupcake plates, cups, napkins, tablecloths, banner's, wrapping paper, etc you name it. I can't wait to go all out and decorate for my little girl

I also bought some tulle to make a tutu for her high chair and still have to pick up one finally item for her smash cake photo session next weekend.

And while the planning is in full force I can't help but feel a little sad. Where did my little baby go. As I look at her crawl and try to walk around the house it's almost hard to imagine her as the 6lb5oz baby she was when she was born. Now as she babbles, plays and claps for herself I get a knot in my throat thinking of how fast she is growing up. And two days ago when we went out to eat, lovebug ate a whole grilled cheese sandwich. Obviously cut into little pieces, but now that she eats nothing to do with baby food and everything to do with what I'm eating I've been giving her more options food wise. But anyway when she ate that whole sandwich I burst into tears missing my baby. But then I look at all she does and is trying to accomplish and I smile. For it has been so fun to watch her grow and change. I can't wait to see what the future brings!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good that you can still plan one for the husband to be there, even if it's early. Makes me excited for my son's birthday. I'd love to see pictures, so hopefully you post about it! Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Cupcakes sound like a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe... i got teary when i picked out her 1st birthday card last night! i had to choke the full blown tears back... i didn't want to be that lady, in the card aisle... bawling. hehe

    avrie's party is also in two week- we have so much TO DO. good luck, cant wait to see pics of baby girls big day.

    ReplyDelete