Thursday, May 12, 2011

28 weeks and name reveal

I'll start off with the big name reveal

The hubs and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of...


We have had this name picked out since before the positive lines appeared on my pregnancy test. Last year, when the hubs was deployed was when we made the decision to try for a baby after he came back. So naturally I threw myself into baby mode and started researching names. My family has the tradition of the females passing down the middle name Ann. While I love that I decided to end that tradition and incorporate Ann into the first name. I like Liliana, Gianna and Brianna. Then when researching Irish/Italian names which is the hubs heritage I kept seeing Gianna over and over. Out of all the names I liked, Gianna was the hubs pick. So that's how we came up with her first name. I looked up the meaning a few weeks ago and it means God is Gracious. How completely true and perfect!

The middle name was something we could not agree on. I wanted Grace but the hubs refused. His niece's middle name is Grace and he did not want to use that. We literally went through every other name and the hubs turned them all down. He doesn't have a middle name and didn't understand why she needed one. His argument for every middle name was that someone else he knew had that name as well. Finally when I looked back at our list of names we had picked out for a girl, I suggested Isabelle. I had really wanted that to be Lovebug's first name but M liked Gianna better. So I said Isabelle for the middle name and surprise surprise he agreed! So Gianna Isabelle it is! Isabelle means God's promise.

Now for my 28 week update
How far along: 28 Weeks.

Total weight gain: Last week I was up 17 pounds but this week I'm up 12. I've lost five pounds since moving. I think this has less to do with me watching what I'm eating and more to do with the fact that the whole week before we moved and a few days after we were eating out since all our kitchen stuff was packed

Size and growth of the baby: Heres my Update from Baby Center.Com
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
Sex: Little Angel.

Maternity clothes: I can barely squeeze into my shorts from last summer which I pair with a maternity tank or just put on a dress. Swimsuit shopping 28 weeks pregnant was quite fun but I do still plan on rocking a bikini when we hit up the beach this weekend

Sleep: Until the last few days I was sleeping fine. Now I can't sleep at all. No matter what position I lay in my legs get restless and feel crampy. So I'm up all night tossing and turning. I also keep the hubs up all night too so this morning I woke up to a grouch! I did read on babycenter that I have what they call RLS.Here is the def of that from baby center
Around this time, some women feel an unpleasant "creepy-crawly" sensation in their lower legs and an irresistible urge to move them while trying to relax or sleep. If this sensation is at least temporarily relieved when you move, you may have what's known as restless legs syndrome (RLS). No one knows for sure what causes RLS, but it's relatively common among expectant mothers. Try stretching or massaging your legs, and cut down on caffeine, which can make the symptoms worse. Ask your caregiver if you should try iron supplements, which can sometimes relieve RLS.

Best moment(s) of the week: Feeling her move. I can lay around all day and just watch my stomach bounce or feel her kick. The hubs just finished painting the master bedroom and the nursery is next so hopefully by the weekend we can finally start setting up her things

Food cravings/aversions: No aversions. Baby still craves sweet things all the time. Luckily that has carried over into craving for watermelon rather than ice cream. Though yesterday I did have both!

Morning sickness: I got sick one morning this week but other than that thankfully that has disappeared.

Symptoms: RLS, Braxton Hicks,

Labor signs: None thankfully

Belly button in or out: It is now a flattie! Hopefully it won't become an outie

What I miss: Being comfortable when sleeping

What I'm looking forward to: Setting up the nursery and receiving all the headbands I purchased off etsy for lovebug in the mail. Ohh and the udder cover and baby sling I ordered yesterday





ImageHost.org

7 comments:

  1. What a really cute name and is very Italian love it!! I have to say this is the cutest name reveal I have ever seen! Love the creativity with the name tag! So super fun good job girl and congrats on finding the perfect name

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being able to pick out a name you both agree on! As much as pregnancy has it's ups and downs, I really think the name debate is the hardest part of the entire 9 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty name! I love Gianna :)

    What a cute way to reveal as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful name you chose =)

    ReplyDelete