Thursday, December 26, 2013

It's Over!

All the preparation, anticipation, excitement and stress involved in getting ready for the holidays has come to an end.
I feel like Christmas Eve and day go by in the blink of an eye and when it's over I feel disappointed.
Why? Because I will miss the Christmas music, the lights, all the fun activities that go on around the holidays, the whole feeling of excitement and selflessness people usually get around this time of year and the build up of it all.
But like Ebenezer Scrooge says I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.

As Christmas goes, this one was one for the books. Having the hubby home this year was beyond perfect. Gianna was so excited to open her gifts and while Ethan was a little too young to understand it all he loved all the wrapping paper. 

Today we have one last round of Christmas and then a week left here in Wi. One of our Christmas gifts for the hubs and I was a night away at a hotel in downtown Milw and dinner at a nice place out. I am so excited to get all dressed up  and have a night away with my hubby! The kids are loving all the attention from their grandparents and my parents love having them to themselves. Win for everyone!

I have loved looking back at my iPhone pictures from theseast few days and thought I'd share them with you

Out for dinner before going to see the holiday lights


Waiting for the light show to start

Off to see santa. Posing with Papa and Uncle Mite(Mike)

My grandparents are the cutest people ever

Santa came! Neither kid was thrilled

The gifts were a hit

Daddy's home

Merry Christmas Eve

G and her cousins

Santa came again. G hid on her dads lap

Santa went to work

Sweet dreams little one

Visions of sugar plums danced in their heads
Look mom! Presents 

The aftermath. How are we going to get everything home?
Love my little family
Opening gifts is exhausting work

Princess belle.
The perfect end to a perfect day. White Christmas and duck dynasty.

Hope y'all had as great of a day as we did 

2 comments:

  1. oh, what a fun christmas! we also had a lot of fun this year with avrie being SO excited and understanding of christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete