Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pinterest

I'm a Pinterest junkie but somedays when I log on it depressed me. I'm convinced that most of the people who pin their stuff to Pinterest are unemployed, single girls who are amazing at crafts.

Because let's get real as a mom of two with a deployed husband I surely don't have time to braid my hair 30 different ways in 30 days and then document it. Heck I don't have time to take a shower most days

And all those crafty DIY projects that supposedly are cheaper than buying the item from the store. Umm not for this mommy. I am as uncrafty as they come and by the fourth or fifth time of attempting a project I've spent more money on supplies for the dang thing than I would have if I would have went out and purchased the item myself!

And don't get me started on the jealously Pinterest creates. My home def doesn't look like a showpiece and there's nothing worse than logging on to find creative ways to decorate your bathroom only to end up wishing you had someone else's house!

All that being said however I still love Pinterest. It's been amazing for my meal planning and pretty much every meal I've made off Pinterest has turned out. And it is a great way to draw inspiration for decorating your house or nursery. And I can keep up on current fashions or trends without having to buy a magazine or leave my house. So I cant complain about pinterest too much. I am pretty much addicted to it.

What about you? Are you all addicted to Pinterest? Or have you had any major Pinterest fails trying to attempt something


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I love Pinterest too and I feel the same way. I have 0 time to do most of those things. I'm lucky if I have time to cook! It's hard getting things done when you're a mom of a little baby and I work. I told my husband once since he is the one who stays with her while I work, shouldn't he be the one food shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally addicted! I love the ideas, but my stuff rarely looks even comparable. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pinterest, but try to take it with a grain of salt. I generally assume that most of the house photos (the perfect ones) are from magazines or something online. I tend to get the most out of the recipes I pin because I'm not nearly as crafty as these people either. I still like it though.

    ReplyDelete