It's not even Christmas 2012 yet and already I'm planning ahead to next Christmas. Why you might ask? Because all of a sudden I feel like Scrooge. I'm not in the Christmas spirit and I can't seem to get outta this funk
I'm mad the husband is deployed this Christmas and that he won't be here to spend it with his family. We celebrated it before he left but its still not the same! It's going to be hard christmas morning to wake up without him and to carry on the day as usual. But that's what I have to do. Especially for the kids.
But next year when he is home we will be going all out. Here is what I have planned
1. Make a gingerbread house
2. Make christmas cookies with the kids
3. Attend the Christmas boat parade
4. Walk around the lake in Defuniak springs and look at Christmas lights
5. Take the kids to the Christmas tree farm where they make fake snow
6. Go see Santa
7. Start the elf on the shelf
8. Take christmas family photos taken in matching Christmas pajamas
9. Buy Christmas pajamas.
10. Start the pajama elves tradition
11. Go all out decorating
12. Camp out in the living room under the Christmas tree
13. Go see the Nutcracker
14. Watch all our favorite Christmas movies
15. Buy 25 themed Christmas books and have the kids open one per day until Christmas
16. Have activities to go along with the books the kiddos open
And that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure next year Ill be adding to this list.
Granted some of the things on the list we did do and have done since the hubby left so I wasn't a total Scrooge.
And I'm beyond fortunate to have such great friends who are more like family to us to be spending the holidays with. I just can't wait until next year when the husband can be a part of it all!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone