Monday, July 9, 2012
Making lemonade outta lemons
The hubs left Saturday night for the next 5 months and I have to say this goodbye was the hardest. You'd think we'd be a pro at goodbyes. After all in four years of marriage we've gone through three deployments and numerous Tdy's. But nope this goodbye was def the worst. Even in the weeks leading up to his departure I noticed my anxiety level was at an all time high and I couldn't think about anything other than him leaving. Gianna too senses that something is off. She is quick to cry and fuss over every little thing and has thrown herself into full blown temper tantrums these past few days. I feel so bad for her. There is no doubt about it she is a daddy's girl.
But while it would be easy for me to sit here and cry and write about how sad and anxious I am that the hubby is gone, I know that that isn't healthy for Gianna or myself. So I made a list of all the positive aspects to the hubs being gone.
1.I have the bed all to myself. My pregnancy pillow and I can spread out and stretch every which way. No need to worry about bed hogging when it's only me to sleeping on it.
2. More $$$$. To spend on myself! Just kidding. I have a strict budget I'm putting myself on so that I save, save, save when he's gone. After buying the infant car seat and double stroller everything else is going in the bank. It's highly likely that when the hubs finishes up the course that he's in he will get two weeks leave and then officially deploy. So we would like to take a nice family trip somewhere. Hence the saving
3. Lower monthly bills- with the hubs gone my grocery, water and electric bill will decrease. And the amount spent on filling up our cars will go down. Since we have two suv's gas is a big part of our monthly budget. With him being gone ill cut that in half! Probably more since I won't be going into Destin or Fort Walton beach as often
4. I don't have to cook- since it's just Gianna and I I can make simple meals that will last a few days. I've had a love/hate relationship with food this pregnancy so the cutting down on cooking will be very nice!
5. The tv belongs to me!!- I can turn on any reality show I want without listening to the hubby complain about it. I also don't have to get stuck watching Wall street, star trek, major league or star wars for the 8th weekend in a row. I can only handle so much of those movies
6. Who needs to clean- with the hubs gone I can spread out my cleaning duties. Who cares If I don't pick up all of Gianna's toys every night like usual. Instead I can relax and read a good book instead of making sure the house is always picked up. I will however keep up with the vacuuming, dishes and bathrooms. I may not mind lapsing on picking up after Gianna but I still like a clean house!
And that's about all I can think of. My goal is to just keep Gianna and I as busy as possible and save as much money as possible when the hubs is gone. Focusing on those things will hopefully make the time fly by. Hopefully!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad