Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Middle

Where has the time gone? It's almost the middle of January and the hubs has been gone for a little over a week and a half!

It has def helped having my mom in town. One thing I hate about the first few weeks of deployments is getting used to an empty house. Something about knowing I'll be going home alone makes me dread getting off work and heading home. So having Mom here has been so nice. I also like knowing that there's someone in the house at night and I dont feel so alone. She leaves tomorrow and I'm already getting sad. I'm thankful we were blessed with three days extra together due to the snow and the fact that I didn't have to work any of those days.

Tomorrow she leaves and then next week my SIl and niece are coming to visit followed by my brothers girlfriend the following week. By the time all my company leaves it will be february! Now I just gotta get my company scheduled for February hehe!

For some reason this depmoyemt has been way harder and we are just getting started. I find myself doing things like spraying my pillows with his cologne, refusing to wash the shirt he wore to be his last night in town instead wearing it myself and leaving cups or random things around the house he may have used instead of putting everything away. The pregnancy hormones are def kicking in and making me weepy, anxious, scared, nervous and insecure all at once.

Luckily I have amazing friends and family who never let me forget Im not alone. Thanks to thanking time is flying by. Hopefully it will continue this way!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. I hope time goes by so fast you don't have time to think about the lonely much. Praying for you and your hubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was gone for the first 3 months of my pregnancy with M. He was only in the field, but couldn't contact us or come home. I found it to be the hardest separation we had done. I swear it was worse than 3 months of a deployment. I do think that pregnancy hormones have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it must be so hard for you with your husband gone, hopefully the rest of the deployment goes just as fast. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, at least you have company for now. It's always good to get your mind off of him gone. Plus, you have tons of people in the blog world willing to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stay strong girlie time is gonna fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you have company! I was pregnant during Gunner's 2nd tour in Iraq, and I was a hormonal mess!

    ReplyDelete