Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Buried

With my sister in law and niece in town this past weekend we had a lot of pajama days planned. The night they got in we hit up blockbuster for a ton of movies.

I am a sucker for horror movies, especially cheesy B horror movies and picked up Buried with Ryan Reynolds in it. I figured I couldn't go wrong with that pic. We could laugh at the hilarity of the movie and hopefully enjoy some scenes with Ryan Reynolds without a shirt


How wrong was I. If you are a military spouse I would stay away from
This movie.
The back of the movie simply says something about a man waking up in a coffin to find out he's been buried alive and has only a cell phone and match to aid in trying to escape

Instead after starting the movie you find out Ryan Reynolds plays an American contractor who was working in Iraq. His convoy was ambushed by insurgents, most of his men killed and he was kidnapped and buried alive for random money. He tries to call for help using the phone and gets the run around from pretty much everyone. Needless to say this movie did not have a happy ending and it gave me nightmares. When the hubs called yesterday I couldnt stop crying about this movie. It terrified the crap outta me. So ladies do not rent it!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

  1. Oh man I really wanted to see that, even though the husband isnt deployed but that would freak me out. Any movies that have things to do with the wars make me so sad. I might have to rent it and watch it with the husband so he can laugh at me for crying.
    Don't worry your hubby will be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! My boyfriend and I rented this same movie this weekend and we felt the same way. It was horrible to watch and we could not wait for it to end. Sorry you had nightmares! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! THAT MOVIE MADE ME SO MAD! I thought it was going to be something corny and a bit light, boy was I wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I will not be watching that!!! Thank you for telling me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's not at ALL what I thought that movie would be about!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We watched it. I really didn't like it too much until the end and then it hit me how it was going to end and I felt just let down. Like they built my hope up on a happy sappy ending and instead stole it from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the warning! I am sure that the pregnancy hormones didn't help dealing with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads up. I definitely never want to see that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate movies like that!! Especially when Spouse is gone.

    ReplyDelete