Monday, April 7, 2014

Currently Reading

I go through phases where I devour books in one sitting and then move onto the next or where I start a few books and then take forever just to finish one! I'm in the second phase. I have a stack of books on my night stand that I keep on rotating. I though I'd share with all of you. I hope to get through them within the next few weeks

1. Hands Free Mama- This book is amazing. I'm about halfway through this one and I spent the other day reading it in tears. Such a validating book in regards to living a more hands free, in the moment life

2. How Toddler's Thrive As the mom of 2 toddlers. 2! There are days I feel like I am losing my mind and am going crazy. One minute I hear a sweet little voice telling me that she loves me, the next she's screaming and kicking on the floor, yelling that I'm so mean because I put her in time out after she slapped her brother. I need all the help and toddler resources I can get

3. All Joy and No Fun I feel a blog post related to this book coming up. This book is about the joys of parenting in relation to the not so fun aspects. It is not a parenting book, more of a study on parenting and what it means to be a parent today. Let's be honest, not every day of motherhood is one for the books. I'm glad there's a book out there that focuses on that yet doesn't go over the top in negativity

4. Surprised by Motherhood I have been waiting forever to get this book and can't wait to devour it

5. 5 Love Languages: Military Edition Let's be honest. Since having the kids back to back and going through numerous deployments and TDY's these last 3 years my relationship with my husband has been pushed to the back burner. Now he is gone again and I am starting to realize how while we aren't in a bad place, I am ready to start putting more of a focus on our life as a married couple instead of just focusing on the kids all the time. Hoping this book will help with that

6. The Happiness Project I'm a little late to the game on this one but have heard such good things about it. I just need to start reading

What are you all reading? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment