Friday, January 3, 2014

Making 2014 Count

Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and is having an amazing start to 2014. I am so excited to participate in an amazing link up today hosted by some of the most amazing bloggers out there. The Wiegands, Little Baby Garvin and OhDearDrea to name a few. I love these ladies blogs. Reading their posts always leaves me feeling inspired. They are joining up with some other amazing bloggers for this link up. Head on over to any or all of the blogs that are hosting, answer some or all of the questions and then link up to one of the host's blogs. Simple. And an amazing way to connect with and meet other bloggers. So here it goes


1. What is something you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year, and what is your plan for making it happen?
Two of my major goals for 2014 are
1. Value presence over perfection. That is something I constantly struggle with. Now that the husband is home and can share some of the burden of the day to day chores and errands maybe it won't be so hard to accomplish. I usu feel that all I do during the day is clean, laundry, run errands and pick up toys and that when I finally sit down at night guilt kicks in over how I barely spent any time with the kids besides telling them to Go Play or watch bubble guppies. At the end of the day the mess is always going to be there, errands will need to be run and something will always need cleaning. But I need to stop trying to do it all every single day and instead get down on the floor and just be in the moment with my kids

2. Be Hands Free. I may have a slight problem with my iphone. I am kind of addicted. My goal is to keep it plugged in all day in my room instead of having it out by me. I find that the minute I go to check my email or update my facebook status I get sucked in on all the other social media sites on my phone and before I know it a hour has flown by. I want to be more present in my loved ones lives and embrace every moment. Not lose them all because I'm too busy uploading a picture to instagrem or checking out everyone's facebook status. 

And to sum both of those things up, my word of the year is going to be Relax. To lean back, play with my kids more and fully enjoy every moment instead of worrying about all the things that need to get done or that I should be doing. In a few short years the kids will be in school and I will never get these moments back!
 Happy 2014 everyone 

 If you want to join in on the linkup here is how it works Here's how the linkup works works: First, you can head to each of the hostess' sites out their posts. Then, share your answers to one (or all) of the following prompts on your own blog. 1. What is something you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year & what is your plan for making it happen? 2. Many people chose a word to reflect on, live by or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it & how you plan to incorporate it into 2014. 3. I will make 2014 count by... You can then link up on any one of the hostess' sites. Our links will be interlinked which means that your post will be displayed on all of our sites. And if you want to share on Instagram, use hashtag #making2014count

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more. As moms, we know how fast our kids grow up and time flies. I definitely struggle with the balance of daily chores and play time. I'm hoping to slow down and enjoy the moment too :)

    ReplyDelete