Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Books of 2014

I have been a avid reader for as long as I can remember. I was never bored as long as I had a book in my hand and anytime we went on family vacations I needed a suitcase for my books alone. And I would read them all! Even in college I still read a lot(maybe it's because I didn't have cable) but these last two years I haven't read as much as I would like. Blame it on the kids, or blame it on my reality tv addiction but these days if I do pick up a book it takes me forever to finish it. One of my resolutions for this year is to read more and watch tv less. One way I am going to do this. I discovered the blog The Life of Bon and saw that she is starting a book club for 2014. I immediately signed up. Not only is her blog super cute but I am all up for a book club to get me to read more and to introduce me to new reads that I wouldn't normally pick up on my own. I also plan on using my nook more. I bought the color nook when it first came out and now it sits collecting dust. I do prefer a actual book, to feel and hold in my hands but since the husband and I have book shelves and bins full of books maybe it is time I start collecting more books electronically. I also decided to put myself on a book reading schedule. I do always read a few books at a time but if I make myself a schedule of books to read I find I will stick to it more. So without further ado here are the books I want to read in 2014

January
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty(Book club pick)
Hands Free Mama by Rachel Stafford
Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist
As you can see January I went with a self help theme to go along with some of my New Year's Resolutions
 
February
Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin
 
March
Divergent by Veronica Roth(Book club pick)
 
After March I don't have a schedule planned but here are some more books I want to read this year. And for a list of the rest of the books the online book club is reading click Here
The Painted Girls by Cathy Buchanan
Why have Kids by Jessica Valenti
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
The Wishing Thread by Lisa Van Allen
The Mermaid Collector by Erika Marks
I Just Want to Pee Alone by Rebecca Gallagher
Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen
The Good Mother Myth by Avital Norman Nathman, Christy Turlington Burns
Mindful Parenting by Kristen Race
Sister's Fate by Jessica Spotswood
The One and Only by Emily Giffin
 
We shall see how many of these books I am able to cross of my To Read list. I also plan on doing more book reviews this year on this little old blog of mine!
 
Happy reading in 2014

1 comment:

  1. The Antelope in the Living Room is also on my wishlist! I am joining a book club this year and i am NERVOUS- haha is that silly!? But we are reading a book by an another that I had never ever heard of and JoJo Moyes "Me Before You" and I LOVE IT... its not a book that I would have found on my own, so I am hoping this book club is a success! :) You have a great list going! Did you ever finish or start MWF seeking BFF??

    ReplyDelete