Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let's Get Physical

So to say I've been a lazy bum during this pregnancy is a bit of an understatement. Even before finding out I was pregnant my trips to the gym were infrequent. I worked out alot before august rolled around and then when my
Work schedule changed and my kiddos went back to school I found myself working longer hours and being way to tired to go to the gym after work.

Then when finding out I was pregnant I became that paranoid pregnant woman that thought if I so much as moved a muscle I'd hurt the baby. Now however as I'm 14 weeks that paranoid feeling had subsided and I'm ready to hit the gym

I didnt have a membership here in town and used to use the gym on post but my work schedule only allowed me to go in the early morning during pt time and the gym was crazy. I also knew I wanted to find a gym with a pool.

Then I remembered there was a YMCA here in town. I still had my membership to the Y back home and thought it would transfer. It didn't but I signed up for a new membership anyway. There aquatics schedule is great and even if they don't have a class going on there are at least two lanes open for lap swim.

I figured swimming would be a great exercise to help me keep in shape, maybe boost my energy and also aid in lowering my blood pressure and aiding in decreasing my chance of getting gestational diabetes. So tonight I start my first water aerobics class. This past weekend I went to their open swim and the water felt so nice on my pregnant body. I am excited to jump back into working out and once march rolls around they are adding water zumba to their schedule. I'm very excited for that.

So now my goal is water aerobics three times a week and then after a few weeks adding in walking or the bike. Since I'm active at work that helps but I think the increased workouts wil give me energy and be a good stress reliever.

Now here's to hoping the woman in my class tonight don't put me to shame


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. New follower! :) I found your blog through Jamie Unscripted....

    Congrats on your pregnancy! I will be 14 weeks on Saturday, so it sounds like we are pretty close!

    http://jenndaveholland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete