Wednesday, February 9, 2011

15 weeks

I hit 15 weeks this past Sunday and boy has this week started out with a bang. Monday I work up with a horrible migraine. Sometimes if I get up and get ready for the day the migraine will subside. Today however as I got into the shower I got started to throw up. It was not fun. I canceled all my clients for the day and crawled back into bed where I spent the rest of the day unable to keep down any solids or liquids and slept with a ice pack on my head. Tuesday I woke up and felt better so off to work I went. Last night on my way to my water aerobics class I was rear ended. Luckily I was in my husband's SUV and not my corolla so I barely felt the bump. And even better yet there was no damage to M's car. After aerobics I headed home to relax since I felt a bit of a cold coming on. At 3 this morning I woke up with a fever and horrible cough and chest congestion. So once again I canceled all my clients and am currently trying every home remedy to help cure a fever and congestion. So far I've tried drinking tea, taking a hot bath, boiling water and putting Vick's in it and smothering my chest with vicks vapor rub. Hopefully this will pay off and I will feel better by tomorrow.

And now onto my 15 week update.

How far along: 15 weeks

Total weight gain:None, down 5 pounds

Size and growth of the baby: How your baby's growing: Here's my weekly update from Babycenter.com

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

Sex: Have my 16 week appt schedule for MOnday and if we don't find out the sex then I have a 3D ultrasound scheduled for the 24th

Maternity clothes: Starting wearing my maternity jeans since they are more comfortable than my regular pants

Sleep: Up constantly throughout the night, yet exhausted during the day

Best moment(s) of the week: HItting 15 weeks!

Movement: None yet

Food cravings/aversions: I haven't had much of an appetite this week. I have to force myself to eat

Morning sickness: Sick this week but that's probably due to the migraines

Symptoms: Nausea, dizziness, back pain, vomiting, exhaustion, headaches, stomach cramping

Labor signs:Thankfully none

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Nothing

What I'm looking forward to: Our 16 week appt

My first bare belly pic








ImageHost.org

9 comments:

  1. Yay for 15 weeks! I will be there on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww yay! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure that I knew you were expecting - Congratulations girl!! Looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you were okay after the accident, hope you start feeling better!

    your baby bump is adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. aren't you adorable with your darling little belly! :) Congratulations on your pregnancy. I've been MIA for a few months but I'm coming back now :) I remember I didn't eat much the first half of my pregnancy. I lived on saltine crackers and scrambled eggs. LOL. Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your bump!!! :) cant wait to find out what your having!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! Hope you start to feel better! I have heard really great things about the neti-pot for clearing congestion. I can't say that I would use it but maybe if I was desperate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bump is super cute. As far as your cold/congestion, my parents swear by putting Vick's VapoRub on your feet before you go to sleep and covering them with socks, it helps to make your cough go away. It actually worked for me (I was in shock lol), but maybe that will help a bit for you! I had morning sickness during my first trimester but now that I'm in my second, I'm hungry all the time lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only thing that helped my headaches was 8 hour Tylenol. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete