Thursday, June 5, 2014

Mom, your doing ok

These past few weeks have been rough around here. I've found myself yelling more than I'd like and begging the kids for five seconds of quiet. I am more irritable than usual and just over being a single parent! And the kids know it. They are pushing my limits every chance they get and are eagerly awaiting their dad to come home so they can get away from me

After a rough day of typical toddler behavior from the two of them I was trying my best not to explode. Every second one of the kids would start screaming for me or crying because the other had hit or took their toy away. I finally turned on the magical thing called a tv and walked into the kitchen for a snack.

I heard Ethan start to cry and sighed before walking  back into the living room to get him. Once there though I stopped. Gianna was rubbing Ethan's head and singing you are my sunshine. Something I do often. After she was done she turned to me and said Ethan was sad so I sung sunshine like you Mom.

As hard as some days are and as often as I feel like I'm doing it all wrong, moments like these occur and I know I'm doing something right 

No comments:

Post a Comment