Tuesday, November 22, 2011

When my MIL came to visit!

My MIL came to visit us this past weekend and we had such a great time!

I admit before she arrived I was a little nervous. OF course all my friend's had to share their crazy MIL stories. One friend's MIL refuses to eat my friend's cooking, anothers constantly critiques her on the way she raises her children. I am very fortunate that my MIL is not like that. The only thing I was nervous about was sharing Gianna. I know I know. I mentioned this to my friend and she said take full advantage of it. Enjoy it that's exactly what I did.

It was nice for Gianna to meet her Grandma who of course loved snuggling with her. I was able to clean, relax and just lay around. It was awesome! And of course it was so nice to visit with her. We had such a great time

Friday we went to go see Breaking Dawn. The hubs even came with.(someone was putting on a good show for his mom) lol! Later on that day she went grocery shopping with me. It was so nice to leave the baby home with M and grocery shop with another adult!

Saturday we packed up and headed to Destin where we enjoyed lunch on the beach and did some shopping at the outlet's.

Sunday we enjoyed an early thanksgiving. FOr the past few years it has been just the two of us on thanksgiving so it was so nice to have a family member share it with us.

It was a very nice, relaxing weekend and we were all sad to see her go. It's funny although we are used to living away from our families, whenever they come visit we are reminded of how much we really miss them. It takes a few days to get over that. Especially now that we have Gianna I so wish we were closer to our families and we could see them more than a few times a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment