Lovebug is sleeping so I thought I'd take the opportunity to share her birth story. As I had written about previously, we found out Gianna was breeched when I was 36 weeks along. We had a schedule version to try and flip her but decided not to go through with it, instead scheduling a c-section. I went back and forth about this decision but in the end felt it was the best choice. The section was scheduled for July 22nd, when I would be 38 weeks. Until then I needed to be seen twice a week and have a non-stress test done each time to confirm baby's position and to make sure she wasn't it any distress
I went in Tuesday July 12th to meet with the Dr who would be preforming the section. She did a bio-physical profile on Gianna and confirmed she was still breeched but her movements were great and she wasn't in any distress. She also measured my amniotic fluid and it measured at 6.5 which the Dr said was good. I was to come back that Friday the 15th for another Dr's appt and non stress test
I showed up Friday for my appt at 9:30am. However somehow my appt had been accidentally cancelled. After waiting for awhile while the receptionist tried to get me another appt, another Dr finally agreed to see me. And thank god for that. I entered the room and he told me to hop right up and see if baby was still breech. She was and he confirmed that we did the right thing by not going through with the version. That made me feel a lot better about the decision we had made. He was probing around with the ultrasound and all of a sudden his facial expression changed. He looked at my chart and went back to the ultrasound. My amniotic fluid had dropped to 2 something. He excused himself to call my dr, who luckily was the attending Dr up at labor and delivery for that day. He walked back in, handed me my chart, told me to go home and get my bag and husband and to be back asap. We were going to meet our daughter today
I walked out of the office and maintained composure until I got to my car. Inside I started crying hysterically and shaking. I was nervous about having the surgery, I was scared she wasn't ok and I didn't feel ready, Yet at the same time I couldnt wait to meet her.
The hubs was at work and when I called his phone went straight to voicemail. One things us wives of his unit aren't allowed to do is call their office. Wives have abused that privilege in the past and we are all under strict order's not to call unless it's an emergency. Most of us don't even have the office number. I only had it because my due date was fast approaching. So when I called and asked for M, he of course wasn't there. So as not to be that annoying wife I blurted out can you find him, I have to have an emergency c-section today. The guy who answered immediately got off the phone and 5 minutes later the hubs called and said he was on his way home.
I met him at home, we grabbed our bags and asked the neighbor's to check on the dogs. I gave the dogs one last big hug and kiss and we walked out the door. I managed to stay calm that 20 minute drive to the hospital. People were texting and calling but I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just sat there and held the hub's hand thinking that shortly we would become a family of 3.
I will continue with Part 2 tomorrow!