Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Little Bubble

One of my favorite memories about Gianna being born was our hospital stay. There was something so special about those two days spent in that recovery room with my husband and baby girl. Just us, no outside interruptions or interferences(besides the nurses getting vitals every four hours) spending time together as a new family

I couldn't wait to experience that with our little man. I also am so thankful that my husband is the amazing man that he is. My kids are so lucky to have him as a father and I thank God every day for putting him in my life. There is no one else Id rather share this journey with

Now the hubs has been gone since July for training and luckily was able to come home Wednesday night to Sunday to be with me during the delivery and hospital stay. Of course I was glad he was able to come home but these past few weeks I wanted baby boy to be here so bad that I didn't care if he came early! But I'm glad he waited until his daddy would also be there to welcome him into the world

And as I entered the Or and laid there waiting for my husband to enter the room I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that my husband was going to be there with me through it all.

And was he ever. He sat and held my hand throughout the whole procedure and reassured me constantly. I couldn't have done it without him. And after the baby was born he was utterly amazing. Two days later and I've only changed two diapers. The whole time baby boy and I were in the hospital the husband attended to our every need. Besides feeding little man of course. He stayed up with him all night while I got to sleep. He changed every diaper and spent hours just holding and talking to him. He rearranged my pillows, helped me walk around the room and acted as my servant. I couldn't have asked for more.

When he left this afternoon it was devastating. Although its only for one more month I already feel empty inside and I know missing out on baby boys first month is just as heartbreaking for him. However once again I am glad for our two day hospital stay and life inside our own little bubble

I love you babe. The kids and I are so lucky to have you


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments: