Friday, October 26, 2012

Living in the Moment

My aunt pinned this quote on Facebook and I thought I'd share it with y'all




This is something I beat myself up about constantly. Especially now as I reflect on the past few months with Gianna. I feel like I didn't do enough with her, or spend enough quality time with her before her brother arrived and now with two kids I'm even more determined to make the time spent with them matter as much as possible because I don't want to look back with any regrets

I don't know if any if you watch the show Up all Night but last nights episode sort of had the same theme. Reagan( Christina Applegate's character told her husband he spent too much time taking pics and videos of their daughter than actually being present in the moment. She dared him to take a week off of taking any sort of media with his phone.

I am guilty of doing the same thing. My camera and phone goes with me everywhere and I feel the need to capture everything and get the perfect picture to send to relatives or post on fb or this blog here. Yet when I do that am I living in the moment. Sure I will have the picture for years to come to remind me of a certain moment but will the picture be the only lasting memory from that day. Or is the time spent living in the moment what matters most.

So I vow from now on to really live in the moment. To create memories with my kids that count. To watch a little less tv and play a little more. To really let my children know how important and loved they are by spending as much time with them as possible.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I keep trying to instill the less TV , more play with my husband for our daughter. His older ones always watch TV, I told him next time they come up for summer, that's not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't beat yourself up too much about it. It's fine to be taking photos! Though getting off FB and turning off the TV are always plusses.

    ReplyDelete