Thursday, June 24, 2010

Faithfully

One of my all time favorite songs is Faithfully by the band journey. I hadn't listened to my Journey cd for awhile and was reminded of how much I love their songs when watching the season finale of Glee. Immediately after that episode I went and downloaded Gless rendition of Journey and burned it to a cd. I have their version of their song Faithfully on repeat and listen to it over and over. In alot of ways this song is the perfect theme song for military spouses. Especially for those who are going through a deployment.

Lines like "Being apart ain't easy on this love affair. Two people learn to fall in love again. I get the joy of rediscovering you, I'm forever yours, faithfully."This seems to capture the emotions I have been feeling lately

As you all know I've been in a bit of a funk waiting for this deployment to be over but when listening to this song today, for the 5th time. I had to stop and think about the deployment in perspective and actually be thankful for going through it

Since M has been gone we've both grown alot, both as individuals and as a couple. Our first deployment we were newly married and still adjusting to being married. This one took place after M had been home for a year and I had finally gotten adjusted to living in NC. I've told yall how we both fell in a rut before M left. I had work and school and M had alot of thing going on to. It was easy to not make time for us and our relationship

This deployment made me realize that we took all that time home for granted and could havespent it in a totaly different way. We both agreed that when he gets home we are going to spend more time cultivating hobbies that we enjoy together, traveling and exploring new places

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling so much better! It's great to have a song like that to make you feel good, not just sad about missing them while they're gone! Keep your chin up, you're almost done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you love this song I have to share this with you, my husband's rendition of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsfBwhY1giQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. i downloaded it too :) listen to it almost everyday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Glee, and I love their version of it. I listen to it all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good song, and so true to your situation.
    Great choice. Don't you just love to belt it out loud in your car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby and I made that same agreement when we got here to Hawaii... thus far we haven't yet and it's so frustrating because there is SO much to do here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! And I wanted let you know that I had you on a milspouse list, and I'm transferring over to a new plug-in version where you link yourself up. If you'd like to put your site up stop by: http://www.etceteralife.com/p/links.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite songs of all time as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for allowing me to visit here today! ;) This brought back some memories of Hubby and I during his Iraq tour. I totally love how you shared that with the right perspective, the whole process can blossom you! ;)

    Sending hugs to you Katie, I hope the rest of your time (physically)apart goes by quickly! ;)
    May he be safe in your arms soon!
    btw, your site is beautiful! xx Jenn

    ReplyDelete