Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure

I have discovered a new guilty pleasure within the last week and it is this.. Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse vampire series. I am addicted

Last year after I finished reading the Twilight Series a friend mentioned I should read the Sookie Stackhouse books as it is an older version of Twilight. I ran right out and bought the whole series and never read them.

One day last summer I stopped at Blockbuster to rent some movies for the hubs and I. Nothing interesting was out but I did see they had season one of HBO's show True Blood which is based off of the Sookie Stackhouse books. So since the hubs and I liked twilight I picked it up. We watched disk 1 of the first season that night and the next day I went to 3 different video stores looking for the remaining disks of the season. We were hooked. We even ordered HBO just to watch True Blood when season 2 started last summer

I decided it was finally time to start reading the books. One and 2 were amazing. 3 I read, didn't really like and stopped reading. The rest of the series remained untouched on my shelf

The newest novel in the series came out a few weeks ago and I figured it was time to pick up the series again. One of my friends here in town loves them and swore to me that book 3 was boring buy the rest were amazing. So I took book 4 with me home to WI. I read it in one day. I even had to go to a barnes and nobles in town to pick up book 5 to read on the plane home, even though I had a copy of the 5th book sitting on my dresser in NC. I just finished book 5 last night and am now onto book 6. I look forward to getting off work every night and coming home and reading these books.

The books are funny, sexy, intriguing and interesting. It is romance, mystery, suspense and has characters such as vampires, witches, werewolves and other super natural beings. I am hooked

So if your looking for a fun read def check out these books. Do any of you have a favorite book or series that you are in love with? Has anyone out there read these books?

ImageHost.org

12 comments:

  1. I love those books. I had bought the whole series too but then was in CA all last summer so ended up rebuying some of them just so I wouldn't have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read them, but I always wondered about them. Guess I am going to have to get them and start reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started watching True Blood a few weeks ago and I finished seasons 1 and 2 in record time. I've been wondering how the books were, so I guess I'm going to have to run out and get them now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few of my friends have read them and said nothing but good thing, I should really look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the series for almost a year now... and I haven't even peeled off the packaging. I'm still trying to get through the Women's Murder Club... but I've been so busy during the day or something always comes up and I just forget to read.

    I need to get through that series so I can start on the Sookie Stackhouse series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would like this...I love Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo I may have to check these out! I am always looking for a good read :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because you live close to me i wanted to tell you i will have 4 kittens ready to go to good homes in about 5 weeks. they have been to the vet already and been wormed. A week after we moved to bragg our cat died and a friend who lives in hope mills gave us a stray. when i took her to the vet to get fixed we found out she was pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this series. I devoured all of them in under two weeks, and I think the last was supposed to come out around now? I need to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm about to start this series! I didn't think I'd be interested, but I watched the first 2 seasons of True Blood recently, too, and decided to try out the books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonjour ! This is my first time reading your blog and I absolutely love it.
    I'm in a long distance relationship as my fiancé is Canadian and I'm French so I often find strength and inspiration in army wives' stories.
    You have a great blog, j'adore !

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE the series!! my second favorite vampire series, after the ones by Laurell K. Hamilton. :D

    ReplyDelete