I am back safe and sound from my trip back home to Wisconsin which I will blog about tomorrow but I wanted to talk about something else today and I need your help!
So a few posts back I told y'all about the hubs and my babymoon to the Dominican Republic. Well M threw out another idea this weekend and I am torn between the two
M and I are going to Wisconsin in July because I will be standing up in my cousin's wedding. We had planned on driving from NC to WI and then the day after the wedding, leaving our pups with my parents and heading to the Dominican Republic whoch would save on us boarding them. Well M's idea was that instead of heading to the Dominican Republic we head up to his family's cabin in northern Wisconsin. I've seen pictures of it and it is truly beautiful and right on a lake. Growing up my family spent our vacations renting a cabin on a lake, boating, fishing and having campfire's at night. Don't get me wrong I loved those vacations but it's a totally different trip from the one I imagine, sitting on the beach with a fruity cocktail in hand. Also since M's relative's all equally own the cabin there is a chance that some of his family member's would be up there to join us. Which would be a lot of fun, don't get me wrong but again not the picture I really had in mind after 4 months of not seeing my hubby
Here is why I'm torn though. I've been doing great with paying off a lot of debt. We would be able to go to the Dominican Republic without putting the trip on a credit card and we wouldn't be hurting financially but then again we wouldn't be paying off debt either. Add to that we need a new couch and will probably need to pay for our whole apt to be carpeted I can't decide if we should save and go to the cabin or head off to our tropical destination.
Other factor's that we have to consider is the fact that in a little over a year we are going to be PCSing to Florida. Which means I will be leaving a great job and if we do have a kiddo or a kiddo on the way at that point, I don't want money to be tight. But at the same time this year would be the last year to take a tropical vacation for at least a few years since we will be preparing to move next summer and may be parent's already we wouldn't have the time or money to take a nice trip. And even if we did, we will be moving to florida and will live close to the beach. We won't need a tropical vacation for awhile.
So what would you all do. Take the dream vacation or do the smart thing and save up some money and head up to the cabin in Wisconsin where weather is always unpredictable and you have no idea what it's going to be like. M and I are torn and don't know what to do so I am asking you all for some advice!!