Monday, May 17, 2010

Life on the homefront

Sorry for my absence as of late. Things have been crazy around here and not necessarily in a good way. So allow me to vent for a bit

It all started last Saturday. I worked 9-11 and couldn't wait to hurry home and lay out by the pool. My blogger friend KPOD was coming over and I was excited about having company and relaxing on such a nice Saturday. Of course I forgot to bring water to the pool and needed to go back to my apt to get a bottle. I walk back to my apartment and see three kids sitting on my patio. Just hanging out talking to the kids that live upstairs from me. Now this has been an ongoing problem. Kids in my complex are never supervised. The other day I had a kid throwing golf balls into my window cause he was trying to throw the ball to the kids upstairs. This caused my dogs to go crazy. So seeing the kids on my porch aggravated me. I politely said hi and asked what they were doing thinking they would get the hint and leave. Nope. So I go in and my dogs are going crazy. Now my love seat is pushed up against the window and the dogs were on the love seat trying to look out the window to see what was going on. So I put a chair up on the couch and gave them a bone to occupy them. Well I saw that one kid had a ball of some sort but again didn't say anything. So after laying out some more we finished up by the pool and walked back to my apt. You could see when walking up the blinds were torn apart. I walk in and the dogs were both on the love seat regardless of the chair and the blinds looked like they had been eaten. Now in order for my dogs to do that they had to have been highly aggravated. I was pissed. But oh well there wasn't much I could do

So that night after babysitting for a friend I got home and checked the mail. In my mail box was a letter from the County of Circuit courts. Remember that speeding ticket I got, the one the officer told me I didn't have to go to court for and that all I needed to do was mail in a money order for the violation amount. Yea, even though I did that I got a letter stating that I owed more money since the officer wrote down the wrong amount and I now had to go to court. Which meant I would have to take off work and pay more money. Just perfect

Monday I went off to the apt office and explained about the blinds. The office manager was on my side and stated that they had been having alot of problems with kids being unsupervised and cauing problems. ALl I needed to do was pick up some cheap blinds and they would put them in for me. Problem solved.

The rest of the week passed by and on Thursday I received a letter from the District Attorney's office stating my case and charges had been dismissed since the officer was no longer with the dept. Score!! That def made my day

My good mood friday didn't last long. I decided to have my friends over for dinner. The one who just had her baby. Since I didn't want the dogs out with the kids around, I put them in my bedroom, gave them their favorite bones and closed the door. Well after my company left I walked to let them out of the bedroom and couldn't open the door. Something was blocking it. I pushed with all my might and finally got the door opened. It was carpet I had gotten stuck on and now it was ripped all the way across the door way. I's assuming because the dog tried to claw her way out.

SO not only do I have a blanket covering my window's until I can get my blinds fixed, a blanket over my couch covering a rip, I now have a blanket covering a hole in my carpet. Living like trash lol

And not only do I have to deal with all this, I have to deal with the wrath of my hubby who is quite irritated. I think I called my mom friday night at midnight and had a nervous breakdown.

Last night tornado's fiasco didn't help matters. Thanks to everyone's prayers and well wishes. I am ok, only a trailer park was hit a few miles up the road and everyone who lived in the trailer park survived and didn't have too much damage thankfully. Of course when my hubby called I expected to be comforted. That didn't happen, his response was it's tornado season, get used to it. Ugh

Thankfully I am heading to Wisconsin this weekend to spend some much needed time with my family and friends. I am counting down the days until I leave. I need a much needed break

So here is a glimpse into my life on the homefront for now. Ahh it feels so good to unload

ImageHost.org

15 comments:

  1. wow, im so sorry!! ugh, i hate apartment living and that coupled with bad or lack of parenting, just pisses me off! So, I feel for you girl, I hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah! I am so sorry that all that stuff happened in such a short period of time. Glad you get to go visit family and friends soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, rough week! Sounds like your trip to Wisconsin is perfectly timed- you need a break from the dogs and this crazy NC weather. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry, it seems like when it rains, it pours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness! Doesn't it seem like this is always how it goes! It's one thing after another...ugh! I feel for ya! Glad you are going to WI to see your family soon...that always makes it better!

    Guys can be so insensitive sometimes! We had the worlds worst winter while Robbie was gone and every time I would complain about it he would say, "Well Mateya, it IS winter!" Wow! Thanks for the comfort honey haha!

    I am so jealous you are having nice enough weather to be laying out by the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I seriously hope things get better for you. You're far more patient than me, I'd have told the kids to get the F off my patio and go home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've had such a rough week! I thought mine was rough, but wow. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this week goes better for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a week! Our dog tried to escape from one bedroom and then a few months later tried to dig into another. Needless to say, we have 2 holes. We bought rugs to cover them because we don't want to deal with it now.

    And as for the storms, I totally know how you feel. I'm terrified, even though I've never been through an experience like you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need to break out a bat to those kids. :) Hopefully the apartment complex will do something about it.

    M will be so happy to see you when he gets home that he won't think twice about the blinds and carpet.

    Enjoy your weekend with the family and travel safely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor thing! I hope your trip home to see your family is just the break you deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry that things are going so wrong, I hope that your trip home makes up for these no good days you have been having

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, girl. You really have a lot going right now, don't you? It will be such good r&r to head home! Sending hugs your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to let you know that I included you in a list of military blogs, on my blog fan page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singing-Through-the-Rain/122330787792057
    If you would not like to be on this list, feel free to let me know, and I will remove the link! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. when we lived on post we had the same issue . i hated it. we live in cameron now and let me tell you it is amazing. there are new houses being built in my subdivision if your interested, but no pool

    ReplyDelete