Friday, August 15, 2014

The Next Chapter

It's crazy to think that in a few short weeks I will be heading back to work. Teaching no less! When I met my husband I was working on my masters in special education. When I moved to NC the nearby colleges didn't have a program similar to the one I had been in in Wi.  When I got hired doing behavioral therapy I needed to go to school for applied behavior analysis. So I never finished my masters program. I always intended to go back but then we moved to fl and I had two kids back to back. So here we are now

I finally decided to put my background to good use and applied for a job teaching K-4 or VpK as it's called here on fl. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. And a little heartbroken about not being with my kids 24/7. However I know it's the best solution for my family

I've been in crazy teacher planning mode these last few weeks. Since I've never taught in a classroom setting before I've been stalking Pinterest, Instagram, reading every teaching books I can and hitting up all my teacher friends for advice 

Next week I get to head into my classroom and start setting it up! It's all
Becoming so real. I'm excited to see where this next chapter takes us

No comments:

Post a Comment